August 15, 2011

Review It: Cetaphil

My Rating: 5/5
Cost: $9

Welcome to the first "Review It" where I'll give my honest opinion on products I use; expect these reviews every 15th and last day of the month. Cetaphil is a product true to its word that I use everyday, twice a day. Not only is it a facial cleanser that removes the excess oil from the skin, it removes any extra dirtiness such as makeup. 

I don't wear makeup very often, but the few days I do, I want to make sure it's off my face before I go to bed. I used to cringe in having to use my eye makeup remover because it would sting my eyes, but one use of Cetaphil takes even my eyeliner off. Of course, I still have to be gentle and make sure I get it off right after I use it, but for the most part it's gone and I'm satisfied. For someone who does wear makeup often, I would recommend using Cetaphil after makeup removers, to make sure everything is gone and to remove that oily feeling makeup removers leave behind.

Having problems with acne for a long time, I was recommended Cetaphil by my dermatologist. It alone cannot remove acne, but it certainly helps prevent it. But the product can be used by all skin types and there is even a moisturizing facial cleanser if I remember correctly.

The best part about it is that you only need one small pump per use. One 16oz. bottle lasts me 6 months. That's while using it twice a day for my face and for about a week as an emergency body wash after running out of body soap. It's definitely worth the price. Eventually I just bought Cetaphil's soap bar and used that. It was great for my skin! All the benefits of the facial but it certainly did not last 6 months. The downside to the bar of body soap was that it didn't even last a month. I went through one bar very quickly and it's pricey. 

My dad, however, was suffering from dermatitis as his skin is very sensitive. When I heard that Cetaphil came out with a new product specifically for that, I printed some coupons and bought Cetaphil RESTORADERM body wash for him. His skin continually showed improvement until his dermatitis was cured. He only needed one bottle too.

Cost: $15

I also use their ultra moisturizing lotion from time to time and it does not eventually leave my skin dry like other lotions. It really does what it sets out to do. During the winter time, it's my hero. If I have a dry skin emergency, it's my go-to.

Overall, the facial cleanser and other products wash off wonderfully, quickly, and easily with a couple splashes of water. They leave your skin feeling fresh and clean but never dry skin out. The only downside I can come up with for this products is that the facial cleanser sometimes stings a little if there are small lesions on the skin. Still this is nothing painful or unbearable. The products are expensive but are well worth their money, especially the facial cleanser, RESTORADERM body wash, and the ultra hydrating lotion. 

I would recommend this product to anyone at any age because it is important to clean your face up to two times a day but there are many products out there that are toxic to the skin. Cetaphil does the job ten times better without harsh chemicals.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...