August 7, 2011

You Just Pick a Place





Outfit Details
Tank top: Urban Outfitters ($10)
Shorts: Guess
Scarf: American Eagle
Shoes: Urban Outfitters ($10)
Sunglasses: Daisy Fuentes ($14)
Bracelet: USF Bull Market ($2)
Scarf in the Summer? Heck yeah! A colorful Spring scarf adds life to an outfit and makes you look snazzy without effort. Take a square scarf, fold it in half like a triangle, with the pointed part in front, have the ends come around the back and to the front. You can hide the ends on the inside of the triangle or leave them dangling like I did. Bunch up the top of the front of the scarf to give yourself room to breathe and for a relaxed look

Olive green, like the color of the shorts, is a great alternative to the usual jean colors. I find that it matches well with a lot of colors like reds, oranges, pinks, blues, purples, yellows, etc. Just don't pair it with greens I'd say and you should be good!

White sunglasses are great for the summer but have always been tricky with me because they seem too neon bright against my tan skin. When I tried these on from Daisy Fuentes though, I saw that they're a little off white and perhaps that's why they don't look offensive on my face. Maybe it's a Hispanic thing and that's why it works? Dunno. But they're super cute all the same.

I used to work at USF (my university - go Bulls!) as a "Conversation Leader" basically teaching and talking to international students who are there to learn English. When I bought the bracelet at school I was curious to know what what the barely visible writing meant; recognizing that it was in Chinese, I asked one of my Chinese students. Apparently it means "happy girl." So I take it as a good luck charm and figure that I'm a happy girl when I wear it. I guess I have several good luck charms for different occasions. Anyone have a good luck charm?

By the way, the instrument I'm holding is an African "Kalimba" and the painting was done by my uncle who lives in Cuba. He gave it to us as a gift. And yeah, that's a portable crib. I miss my niece and nephew!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...