September 2, 2011

I'm Just Sayin'... Organizing Your Jewelry

Collecting pieces throughout the years, you may find yourself drowning in accessories one day. Keeping them organized and separated from each other is a necessary chore if you want to keep your jewelry and accessories intact and easily accessible. 

Tips:
-Make small investments in jewelry organizers. They can be really cute in your room too.
-Find creative ways to organize your jewelry and accessories. I put some bracelets on a vase, some hair pins in decorative containers, long necklaces hanging from a large frame (in my case a mirror).


These jewelry hangers from Icing were on sale for $2 each!


You can click on any of these images for a close-up
A long necklace hangs on either side of my mirror
-Make sure as many pieces as possible are visible when you go to look for your accessories so that you're not always wearing the same pieces.
-Separate them into categories: rings, earrings, bracelets, necklaces, hair pieces, etc.
-Separate necklaces (or whatever you have a lot of) especially into subcategories: short to long, real vs. fake, etc. 

-You can even take a sturdy branch from your backyard, clean it up, hammer in some nails to your wall...and kablam!
Photo & idea from Delightful Dozen's blog

Hope these ideas spurred you to rethink how you organize your accessories! I mean, I'm just sayin'....

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I've definitely made a coat hanger my jewelry display. It makes a difference when you can see all of your necklaces, for sure.

Rachel said...

Coat hanger sounds like a good idea too! I used to have a bad habit of just dumping my jewelry everywhere - totally agree with you!

Marissa said...

I love these ideas! When I moved into my apartment I left my jewelry box at home because it would take up too much space. I've been trying to figure out the best way to organize all of my jewelry ever since. I'm definitely going to try some of these this weekend. The branch idea is awesome! I will probably wait until I'm back in a house and my husband fully gives up his decorating rights (the ones he thinks he has anyways haha) before I try it though.

Rachel said...

Aw that's great! I loved the branch idea too and almost did it myself but I already have a lot of things hanging on my walls :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...