October 28, 2011

I'm Just Sayin'... Halloween Costumes

Even adults or "big kids" without children can enjoy Halloween, but costume preferences change a bit as one gets older. Often store-bought costumes look weak and of poor quality. Lately though create-your-own costumes have been gaining popularity in costume stores for their adaptability and budget-friendly prices.

This year I was a bunny for a Halloween party the Argentine Tango club had at my school (apologies for the lighting in the pictures, the room was lit red for added "creepiness"):


My "costume" consisted of ears, a bow tie, tux sleeves, and a bunny tail. I simply added shoes and a dress to complete the look. I could have used some face paint to make it come to life even more, but chose to save my face of any possible horrible breakouts.


There was another bunny at the party! But clearly she was the evil bunny while I was the angelic bunny! (Just kidding) I saw her "bunny parts" at Target for $8 regular price! - SUPER deal! I heart Target.


Lots of people created their own costumes much like I did. Here's a butterfly and a ladybug below!



Our amazingly talented tango instructor front and center! There I am dancing with Mario (Wario to the left of us) who made me laugh with his huge belly and mustache!


Last year my sister Yeny and I dressed up as a bunny (she's wearing the same costume I wore this year) and cat. I love that with these make-your-own costumes you can dress however you want, even comfortable and casual like we did! I got both costumes for $5 each on clearance at Claire's in the mall on Halloween day. It was pure coincidence that I found them, I was in the mall for something else!


As I mentioned before, Target is a great place for cheap but great create-your-own costumes like these. This Halloween, show off your style with some simple costumes. I mean, I'm just sayin'....

11 comments:

GidiLinks said...

Nice! Keep it up.

Rachel said...

Thanks a lot :)

Teaka said...

Looks like you had a fun time! Such cute costumes too!

Rachel said...

We did, thanks bunches :)

Katya said...

I laughed so hard at the "I saw her bunny parts on sale at Walmart..." ;)

You look adorable!!


xx
thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

Tariro said...

Love the costume!
xo,
c

Lauren {love lulu} said...

cute cute costume!! I LOVE Halloween! I love your bunny costume :)

JustPatience said...

The bunny costumes are just so cute.

XO,
Patience
www.justpatience.com

Rachel said...

Thanks a lot ladies! Glad I could make you laugh :)

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween. I did absolutely nothing, so it's fun to read what others did. (:

Rachel said...

Don't worry, the actual Halloween day was boring for me too. This was a pre-Halloween party, I'm going to a post Halloween party today actually - I'll be posting about that too so you can have more fun :)
Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...