October 7, 2011

I'm Just Sayin'... Re-Accessorizing

Miss these segments? I'll admit, I did as I started typing the title. The polls resulted in 3/2 preferring these be once every two weeks. It's certainly a lot easier on me, these do take up some time. We'll see how it goes.

So for today's "I'm Just Sayin'..." let's rethink how accessories can be used. Give your creativity a small workout and consider some of the following:

Re-Accessorize... Necklaces
As worn here

 Here I simply wanted neutral accessories to accent my bright pink dress. Because I didn't have an appropriate necklace, I wore this green, floral necklace backwards to show the gold backside. And voila! A whole new necklace! It's a 2-in-1.

As worn here and here


Not everyday is a choker kinda day and sometimes you're not sure whether you'll actually be keen on wearing a choker if you buy it. For a bracelet, you can just twist it, fold it, and slip it on your wrist! Anyone else reminded of "Bop It?" You can do this with long necklaces as well.


Re-Accessorize...Bracelets


For a subtle bit of flair or to spice up an otherwise regular up-do, wrap a colorful bracelet around your ponytail! First use a small hair tie as close to your hair color as possible, then add the bracelet. I don't really see this being done so you'll be sure to get lots of compliments!


Re-Accessorize...
  • Put a ring through a chain and wear it as a necklace.
  • Slip a thin scarf through your pants' belt loops to wear it as a hip belt.
  • Tie a scarf on your purse handle to give it some life or so that it can hold the scarf for you while you wait for things to get chilly .
Hope this got you to thinking about how you can get more with less. I mean, I'm just sayin'....

3 comments:

Mary and Dyer said...

I LOVE the idea of turning a necklace over to just show metal. What a wonderful idea!!

Rachel said...

Thanks a lot!

skippysays said...

So cool! Love how you just turned that necklace around- simple but genius :)
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...