October 26, 2011

Quick Transitions


Let me introduce to you the extremely versatile maxi dress. 

  
Strapless dresses like this one (sometimes even those with straps) can be worn as they are or...


...can be folded and worn as a maxi skirt. But wait! There's more!

  
If you're wanting to show some leg but love the look of your maxi dress, don't waste your money on the tailored version! Start by tying a knot...

...tuck it in and poof that spot out a bit... 

...and voila! You can go from classy to party in seconds!

Outfit details
Dress: Forever 21 ($15)
Shirt: Express
Scarf: Ethiopia (yes, the country/gift)
Bracelet: gift from mom
Shoes: Nine West

Hope you enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed creating it! I've seen many creative ideas around the web about re-visioning clothing items, especially dresses. Plenty share that dresses can turn into skirts, but I've yet to come across anyone who has shortened maxi dresses. Doubt I'm the first to discover this, but just wanted a few more to "discover" it as well. I wore one of these looks that day, which one do you think it was?

4 comments:

Monika-icoulddothis.blog said...

Wow! Very versatile and that print is just lovely :)

Rachel said...

Thanks a lot! :)

Marissa said...

Beautiful dress! I will definitely have to try these tips out with my maxi dress. I've been trying to find some new ways to wear it. :)

Rachel said...

Thanks! Let me know how it goes with your maxi dress :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...