November 20, 2011

Caution: Piso Mojado






My outfit details
Top: H&M ($20/$25)
Leather skirt: Metropark ($10/$120)
Purse: Coach
 Shoes: Reba
Freshwater pearl necklace: A kiosk at the mall ($20/$60)
Bangle: Vendor from Bull's Market at USF ($5)
Earrings: Forever 21 ($1.50)

In case you haven't noticed, I am horrible at posing. An uncontrollable awkwardness steps in and I just smile awkwardly with a worried expression, hence Huong's expression.

So a cute little cold front paid a short visit to Florida last week! People everywhere were over-dressing for the cold. We get excited. Well, highs are back up to the 80's for now... sigh... yeah.

Anywho! My lack of updates are due to my and my father's birthdays having been this week! The 16th and the 19th respectively. So thought it was about time to share this outfit post with you. I know what you're all thinking, but no, those are not a typos on the prices of that skirt. Last year when winter was over and it was starting to get hot again (yes, it does actually get cold here!), I came across this little leather pencil skirt in the sales rack of Metropark. The skirt had been reduced two other times before dramatically dropping from $120 to $10. Genuine leather, amazing quality. I swear I am telling the truth. I still have the tag as proof and can slap it up here at anyone's demand. Somehow no one else had seen this gorgeous skirt and it happened to be my size. The heavens shined down upon me that day. I didn't even give it a second thought after trying it on.

The best time to buy winter clothes is after the winter is over. Like when it's getting hot and the stores are trying to get rid of warm clothes and they're super great quality but super cheap. This happens when going from hot to cold too, but the sales usually aren't as dramatic. Sure, I had to wait a year to first wear this skirt out, but was it worth it? Heck yeah! I think this might have been a record deal for me. I don't know though, I have other great savings stories.

Here are some recommendations about after-season shopping:
  • Don't go for the first after-season sale you see.
  • Ask yourself if it's worth waiting an entire year to wear.
  • Is the piece a classic that will be worn for years? Or is it a fad piece that is likely to be out of style the next year?
  • Check the quality against the price. Just because it's on sale doesn't mean it's worth it.
  • If you're not sure about an item, ask to put it on hold. Check out other stores and see if they have better deals.
  • And of course, when quality, price, and size are all rocking your world, don't even think about it, go for it.
    • Even if it isn't your size, if it's a huge saving for great quality like this AND you can afford it, buy it anyways. It'll make a super gift for someone.
  • ALWAYS keep your budget and what you can afford in mind. Priorities are eating and shelter!

3 comments:

lindsey said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE IT! You are beautiful!!!! Would love for you to stop by my little piece of the blogosphere. I am doing a fun giveaway here is the link: http://www.lovelinds.com/2011/11/stella-and-dot-giveaway.html

xoxo Linds

Fashion Me Chic said...

So true. Got to live within your means.
http://www.fashionmechic.com/

Rachel said...

Thank you ladies, you have beautiful blogs as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...