November 11, 2011

I'm Just Sayin'... Leggings Are Not Pants


I cringe every time I see a woman wearing leggings as pants. Like yesterday at the grand opening of H&M. That's a grand faux pas, especially in one of the greatest fashion stores! Taking a picture crossed my mind but I wouldn't want to post any embarrassing pictures of anyone on the internet. So I'll just talk about it. 

DO NOT. EVER. wear leggings as pants. No, not even for working out. That's what spandex is for.

They are called leggings because they are basically just bare legs colored or covered in print. Would you walk around with a shirt and just bare legs?

Images from google.com
Legging Rules:
  • Under shorts 
  • Under a skirt (mini, maxi, tight, loose, whatever)
  • Butt cheeks are completely covered by shorts or a skirt
  • Under a long tunic 
    • If long tunic does not cover butt cheeks (bend over and check), leggings will NOT do for butt cheek protection! Wear spandex shorts underneath
  • Leggings ARE pantyhose. Just think of it that way.
Reasons why these rules are necessary:
Images from google.com
  • No one needs to see anyone's tush. No matter how cute the tush may be. 
    • Trust me, you DON'T want any men to see your tush. The mystery is gone, they've seen it, they're done.
  • Leggings are usually unflattering to the tush anyways.
  • Announcing to the world that one is wearing neon yellow leopard print panties with a wedgie is really. really. unnecessary.
  • The tush will be cold. I mean, really? Bringing the leggings out during cold season but wearing them alone? When did they become thicker than jeans? They're not, that's why this post exists.
Alternatives:
  • Jeggings. Jeggings are great and I've worn them loads of times. As seen here and here.
    • Jeggings = jeans + leggings
    • Do not be fooled by leggings with a "denim print." Make sure they are thick
    • Usually have back pockets, usually with fake, non-usuable front pockets
  • Wear leggings under pants for added leg warmth in the cold
This post meant in good humor. Remember, leggings are never pants. I mean, I'm just sayin'....

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. I wasn't even supposed to be on blogger, but I opened it by accident and saw your title... LEGGINGS ARE NEVER PANTS. I sometimes question if they way I've worn them is okay and my tush IS covered 100%. I so agree I don't even know how to tell you. Amen.

Rachel said...

Haha, girl, you're fine! I saw your latest post and you're wearing those leggings fabulously!
SO glad another blogger agrees when I see so many celebrities wearing them so horribly!

Kgosi Sethoko said...

its funny how so many women seem to think leggings are pants and i find it very wrong. one of my fav post iv seen a while love it :-)

http://freetobepunk.blogspot.com

Claudia R said...

that is so true! never like pants!

http://littlepinkbook-byclaudia.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...