December 15, 2011

Where's Frosty?





Outfit details
Top: Express (gift from mom)
Skirt: Express ($20/$60)
Leggings: American Eagle
Shoes: Sofft
Purse: Tre Vero (gift from mom)
Headband: Claire's
Necklace: Forever 21
Armor ring: Charlotte Russe ($0/$6)

Florida is still waiting for winter as the cold briefly flirts with it and abruptly leaves. In the meantime, I'm trying my best to transition from fall to winter myself. Though I'm color-blocking here, it's not the only way to incorporate colors of both seasons. A light blue (winter) with darker brown (fall) would go nicely together. If your environment is stuck between seasons like Florida is, you may feel unsure about which season to incorporate in your wardrobe, but reflecting surroundings is what is most important. Of course, we're experiencing highs in the 80's and lows in the 60's (this isn't normal - I swear!), but hopefully by Christmas it'll be chilly all day and I can wear a jacket for once this December!

An early Christmas present I gave myself was the armor ring I'm wearing - isn't it gorgeous?! I've been wanting an armor ring long before it got popular. Let me tell you, this always happens. I crave rain boots (zebra print specifically), next year they're the hottest thing. Look for armor rings everywhere, next year they're everywhere. Still don't have rain boots though. I keep buying other boots or shoes instead saying, "Oh, it's not raining today, let's just ignore the fact there have been record rainfalls this year, you know."

Oh, that pretty little armor ring I got for free because Charlotte Russe had an amazing deal going on for some days in which jewelry six dollars and under was free with any purchase. I happened to be there for their happy hour - all boots for $15. These great deals that are over now, but if you want to try out an armor ring but don't want to spend big bucks, I would recommend Charlotte Russe. I don't think I'll be worrying about any hinges coming loose, but I'll keep everyone posted in case one of the rings does break. While this was a recent purchase, unfortunately I don't see any hinged armor rings on their website anymore.

Is everyone ready for the holidays? Are you already celebrating in some way or do you have any unique holiday traditions? Please be safe and mindful of others when out shopping this season! I know it's not purposeful, but sometimes in the mad rush of things people can forget to be courteous.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I cannot believe it is so close to Christmas. I am seriously not prepared at all, haha. This is the first year I haven't been ready with gifts for everyone WAY in advance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...