January 24, 2012

Fly Ball



 Outfit details
Top: Gap (gift)
Cardigan: Anthroplogie (gift)
Skirt: Express ($10/$60)
Leggings: American Eagle
Shoes: Sofft

I'm taking a much needed break from working on lesson plans to post. This is my second week interning full-time as an English teacher and it's already been a roller-coaster of emotions. Although I've always held great respect and admiration for teachers, I feel it even more so now that I'm dipping my toes in the water.

It's somewhat overwhelming but fun. Each day is different, each student a person to be treated differently. What I do find is common among all students, however, is that they thirst for someone who cares. Thankfully that is the easiest part of the job.

For the next few months caring for these students will be my top priority and posts on the blog may be sporadic at times. Until next time!

6 comments:

Sarah Stright said...

I love the picture where you're covering his eyes. So fun. Were people looking at you like a crazy person? I think they would in my mall.
Sarah
http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

Marissa @ Glass Slippers and Combat Boots said...

Love the outfit! I adore the skirt, I'm sure it can be used a million ways! :)

Even though I'm interning in an Elementary school, I have found that my students just want someone to care as well. Like you, I thankfully find it to be the easiest part of teaching. I'm glad that you are having a great experience so far, and I can't wait to hear more about it. I am sure that you are going to be a fabulous English teacher! :)

Kenziefaith said...

Ah! I admire your bravery for taking pictures in the mall! Very cute outfit..

Rachel said...

Haha, thanks guys! Marissa, I can't wait to hear more about your experiences teaching third graders too!

Taking pictures in the mall (and climbing up on stage with the statues) isn't so bad if you simply space out and do your thing. Forget what everyone else thinks! They're just envious they don't have the guts to do it!

Shannon said...

Very cute pictures. :) Love your outfit and especially your cardigan.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Thank you dear! The cardigan is tiny but super warm too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...